Home » » Seven Tips To Lose Weight Safely

Seven Tips To Lose Weight Safely

By  

If there were one magic pill that we could all take so that we could easily reach our target weight, I'm sure that we would take it. There are plenty of companies who all think that such a pill exists and whether you are reading about the Acai Berry, Green Coffee Bean Extract, or Raspberry Ketones, you need to know that in spite of what these products can do for you, it is going to take more than that to keep off the weight.
In the past six months, I have lost more than a third of my body weight, putting me at a rather tiny size 2 (in juniors!), which isn't bad for someone who is approaching 50 years old! I am fit, trim, athletic, and here are the seven ways to lose weight that I relied on to reach my weight loss goals safely.

1. Make a goal - If you "fail to plan, you plan to fail", so I had a very specific goal right from the beginning. That goal turned into an intermediary goal and I ended up losing an extra ten pounds than I thought necessary.

2. Enlist the help of others - Although I didn't want to admit that I was overweight, I talked to my husband, who still said I looked fine, and told him I needed his help. In other words, I needed to keep the junk food out of the house and he had to be patient with my dietary needs.

3. Don't weigh yourself all the time - I made a point of weighing myself just once a week, in the morning, with no clothes on. This was a ritual that I dreaded yet looked forward to every week and it helped to prevent me from freaking out after every meal that I ate.

4. Count your calories - I ended up using Weight Watchers as a way to keep my calories (or points) in check. This helped me make sure that I never overate on any individual day and if I did, I made up for it the next day.

5. Drink lots of water - For the first two months of my diet, I found myself constantly with a bottle of water in my hand. This helped to keep me from getting hungry and also was a reminder that I needed to stop snacking all the time.

6. Workout - There is really only one workout that I really enjoy and that is swimming, so I made a point of doing it every day, even when I wasn't in the mood. As long as you can get yourself to the gym, or the pool in my case, you can start burning those calories. I might have arrived at the pool with a goal of only swimming for a half hour, but once I got going, I ended up doing an hour or more.

7. Reward yourself - Every time I lost another five pounds, I gave myself a reward, but it wasn't food. It was a massage, a pedicure, or a day off from work. Rewarding yourself with food is a very bad thing to do!
Basically, if I can lose weight following these specific tips, so can you. I must also say that I did take nutritional supplements along the way to help curb my appetite and reduce my hunger, but eventually there was no more need for those. Once you get in the habit of eating better and working out, the weight just seems to fall off, and it can do the same for you, too.

For more information on how you can lose weight and to learn about the Green Coffee Bean Scam that is going around, please visit http://www.greencoffeebeanscam.com

 You Can Get Help Click Here

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Stacy_Cooper
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Your Link | privacy policy | Your Link
Copyright © 2013. Can Stress Cause Weight Loss - All Rights Reserved
Blogger